Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Auto populating fields

Auto populating fields 15 years 1 month ago #6862

• Earthson
  • Fresh Boarder
So, I am setting up an extensive registration form for a festival. Everything is going great. But, at the bottom of the form, I need to add a legal disclaimer. It is important that the people's names/city/etc are entered. I cannot think of any way to do this with RSFormPro, except by auto populating it from their previous answers... Similar to how it is done with user/admin emails.

ie. I, _______________________, of the city/town/village of ____________________, in the province of _____________, wish to attend and participate in PanFest (the Festival);

I would want the first space to be filled with {FirstName:value}{LastName:value}, then the city value, province value, etc.

Is this possible? I tried entering a FREE TEXT area on the form with these values, but it didn't work.

Thanks for any help!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Auto populating fields 15 years 1 month ago #6867

• bogdan
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 4
Hello ,

You can do this with a javascript code. What you have to do is :

add this code
onkeyup="javascript:document.getElementById('name').innerHTML=this.value;"
to the field you want(e.g. {FirstName:value}) into the Additional Attributes.
Then just add on your legal disclaimer :

I,<span id="name"></span>, of the city/town/village
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here

RSJoomla! Development Team
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!