Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Don't send the e-mail

Don't send the e-mail 15 years 2 months ago #6807

• stavroc
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Go Out
I have textfield wich called email. On the the "User Emails" tab and on the "To" field I set the "{email:value}".
When I submit the data on the front page the data are stored but not sending the e-mail.
What can I do?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Don't send the e-mail 15 years 2 months ago #6816

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

1.A first step would be to verify the field names... Php is case sensitive... so "email" is different from "Email". Also make sure that you don't have an empty space after the name of the field, for example "email ".

2. Please note that some server have difficulties in sending out emails if the "To:" and "From:" fields contain the same values.

3. It might also be a good idea to test the email functionality of your server. You can simply do this by creating a new joomla user. Upon doing this an automated email should be generated.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:Don't send the e-mail 15 years 2 months ago #6822

There's a repeatable bug in RSForm! Pro. Sounds like you're encountering this.

In the User Emails tab of the component, if you enter in the To: field the following text: {email address:value}, then switch to other tabs to make other changes, the email address field will be written out at {emailaddress:value} (note missing space) which will cause the addressing to fail.

This applies to the Admin Emails tab as well.

Every time you edit and Apply *any* changes to the tabs (even those unrelated to the email address fields), the email address fields will corrupt themselves to {emailaddress:value} rather than {email address:value}.

To fix, insert the space, and hit Save immediately. Remember that if you later come back and make any change whatever, the corruption will occur again.

I'm currently running the latest version of RSForm! Pro as of today's date, in Firefox 3.0.7 for Mac.

Re:Don't send the e-mail 15 years 2 months ago #6846

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
It is best to generally avoid using a component name composed out of two words. Note that the name of the form component does not appear in the frontend.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!