Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Specify Domain

Specify Domain 15 years 2 months ago #6448

• Earthson
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm currently rebuilding my website and I'm unsure what domain I should use. My original site, which is still running, is www.mysite.com . The site I'm building is www.mysite.com/newbuild/ I obviously want to use the forms on the /newbuild/ area now, but then use it on the original site once everything is up and running.

So, is there any issue with me specifying the site as www.mysite.com/newbuild/ now and then www.mysite.com later? Will I have any issues?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Specify Domain 15 years 2 months ago #6453

• sd.dan
  • Fresh Boarder
are you talking about domain name in the licence manager? im guessing the primary site would be ok, but you can always change it (give you 3 changes i believe).

Re:Specify Domain 15 years 2 months ago #6454

• Earthson
  • Fresh Boarder
yes,that is what I'm talking about. I'm just worried about using up those 3 changes while I'm fixing up my site.

Re:Specify Domain 15 years 2 months ago #6455

• sd.dan
  • Fresh Boarder
i guess if you ran out, you could contact support and they would increase it due to your circumstances. Best bet, dont change it untill it stops working :)

good luck bud.

Re:Specify Domain 15 years 2 months ago #6456

• Earthson
  • Fresh Boarder
Hmmm - the weird thing is that I haven't even entered my code yet and the forms are working. I'll just leave it alone.

ADMIN: do you need to check on this? Should it work without the code?

Re:Specify Domain 14 years 2 months ago #9856

• twinkie
  • Fresh Boarder
Helo there,
Its not necesary that you should specify the changes you have made in your domain name itself.. Its enough that you make changes in your program so as your domain redirects the clients to the 'new build' page. Hosting your site here http://www.thewebpole.com/ makes you feel secure.. You can park or even build your site here at mean cost.. It provides you all sorts of web hosting services and plans. It is the best reseller site that provides you a wide range of web hosting services and plans at reliable cost.yours and publish it..Do browse through the site for further details.
Cheers!

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!