Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: checkboxes nested in radio buttons

checkboxes nested in radio buttons 15 years 3 months ago #6262

hi guys
i have 6 radio buttons
so the user may select ONE of SIX

iff the user selects the first one, he/she should be asked to choose one or multiple choices from 8 check boxes - below is how it SHOULD look like -
r is radio, c is check box

r
-c
-c
-c
-c
-c
-c
-c
-c
r
r
r
r
r

thanks for your help guys

Attachment help.doc not found

Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:checkboxes nested in radio buttons 13 years 3 months ago #12501

Could you please attach the help.doc document. It has disappeared. I have the same quaestion.

Re:checkboxes nested in radio buttons 13 years 2 months ago #12671

• mpence
  • Fresh Boarder
I also would like to view this file as I am sure it will help me to be able to nest a text area inside a check box. If they check the box, they will need to write in the text area.

Re:checkboxes nested in radio buttons 13 years 2 months ago #12673

• komita
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
If I understand you correctly, you want to have the user enter something in a text box that appears because of what they checked?

I used this:

If someone checked "other", then I used the "hide/show" function to make new textbox appear. check their demo at demo.rsjoomla.com/fex and see if that's what you wanted. I've used it with both radios and checkboxes. assuming the same idea for dropdowns would work.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!