Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: User Email Bug

User Email Bug 15 years 3 months ago #6100

I'm using Joomla 1.58 and The latest RS Form Pro (as of about a month ago).

Bug - In the user email section the code for inserting an email from the email field \"{Email Address:value}\" when inserted into the \"To:\" section removes the space between \"Email\" and \"Address\" every time you go in to edit it. It took me a while to figure this out, because if I ever went back to change anything in the email, the email would stop working. . . As of now I can get around it by just reinserting the space every time I go in to edit. But it seems that'd be an easy fix for you guys.

I've also tried adding in a space character \"_\" and I get the same \"cannot initiate mail function\" error as I do when the space is removed. Sorry if someone has already posted this, but I just wanted to make you aware if it if you weren't already.

Thanks,
Dustin

**Correction** The error persists if you enter the editing screen for that particular form at all, you don't even have to go into the user email tab.<br><br>Post edited by: thexyzaffair, at: 2009/01/10 16:28
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:User Email Bug 15 years 3 months ago #6374

• sd.dan
  • Fresh Boarder
yep i had the same issue, i made my email tag name {Email Address:value}, which seems too long.. so i shortened it to {Email:value} and it now works. Issue needs to be fixed, or at least a note in that section advising to keep email tag names short. :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!