Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: How to create a conditional required element?

How to create a conditional required element? 15 years 4 months ago #6031

• dnuttall
  • Fresh Boarder
I have a drop-list which is required but one of the items is \"Other\" and if the user selects \"Other\" I want to force them to explain in the field immediately below the drop box (a text area field).

How can I force the user (upon submission) to enter some text if she/he selects \"Other\" from the related drop-list?

TIA.

Dave Nuttall
San Antonio, Texas
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:How to create a conditional required element? 15 years 2 months ago #6680

• lancert
  • Fresh Boarder
I too have a similar form where a person checks "Other" in a check box and then I'd like to require the "Other" text box to be required.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks!

Re:How to create a conditional required element? 14 years 3 months ago #9667

• komita
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
has anyone found the solution to this?

Re:How to create a conditional required element? 14 years 3 months ago #9668

• matt
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
You could try to do like the documentation for 'Show or hide fields' you find it here http://www.rsjoomla.com/customer-support/documentations/34-custom-scripting/93-show-or-hide-fields.html

Matt

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!