Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Connect Joomla users to RSForm user input

Connect Joomla users to RSForm user input 15 years 5 months ago #5910

I am building a simple community.

Is it possible to connect the Joomla registration process to a RSForm!Pro form, so that when they have registered they immediately get the next form to fill out (with adress, areas of interest) and so that the names, email from the Joomla registration automatically updates the RSFormbuilt form.

Or should I skip the Joomla registration alltogether and only use RSFOrm!Pro??

Thanks for help,

Per-Olof
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Connect Joomla users to RSForm user input 15 years 4 months ago #5961

I am interested in something similar. I would like to us RSForm!Pro to customize/replace the standard user registration so that additional options could be added. Specifically, I would like to add an option for signing up for our user group newsletter so that this does not have to be done in a second step. Is this possible? If so, do you have any samples?

Re:Connect Joomla users to RSForm user input 15 years 1 month ago #6883

ronald.hammer wrote:
I am interested in something similar. I would like to us RSForm!Pro to customize/replace the standard user registration so that additional options could be added. Specifically, I would like to add an option for signing up for our user group newsletter so that this does not have to be done in a second step. Is this possible? If so, do you have any samples?

I have been looking through the forum and it seems that variations on questions regarding the registration form are numerous and answers seem non-existent.:unsure:

It would be great to get a simple answer to the question "Can RSForm!Pro be used to replace the standard user registration form?"

Thanks,
Ron

Re:Connect Joomla users to RSForm user input 15 years 1 month ago #6889

Hi,

I understand you want to extend the funcionality of the standard Joomla user registration. I would not recommend to do that with a forms utility, because where would you store the exta information? You'd better install Community Builder. This will give all the flexibility you need. Look at www.joomlapolis.org for more information.

Re:Connect Joomla users to RSForm user input 14 years 11 months ago #7445

• tallship
  • Fresh Boarder
  • So foul a sky clears not without a storm

I have been looking through the forum and it seems that variations on questions regarding the registration form are numerous and answers seem non-existent.

There was a post responding to yours about using Community Builder. I don't know if that is really the way to go, but I'm going to install it and see waht it can do.

The documentation for Community Builder (AKA: CB) is lacking, and if you really want it they make you pay for it. Which is okay if that's their business model. Actually, you have to pay for a subscription to gain access to directoies where the supposedly 'good stuff' is.

There was a post earlier on this forum by one of the admins explaining how to import/export data to/from RSFormsPro and CB. That too was rather lacking, but gleans the neccessary things that need to be done.

with the database plugin that I purchased here along with RSFormsPro, this should be merely a bit of study.

You are right, however, that there is a plethora of requests for using a form generator like RSFormsPro to create a custom login page. I figure that CB 'might' be able to 'being' to do what I want, but then I'm going to have to do the rest w/RSFormsPro.

I wish that someone would actually post some material about doing what you and the others (and myself) are asking here, since it is sorely needed. Perhpas a tutorial on this would be in order.

Point being, it would certainly help to sell RSFormsPro, as I would not have purchased it had I known last night that it won't do what I wanted (creating a custom registration form for Joomla 1.5).

I would have just worked with CB instead, and its constraints.

However, I have purchssed RSFormsPro, and I've d/l'd CB and since I'm going to install it I'll see if I can't incorporate some kind of functionality like what so many people are asking for.

If the answer was here on the site, I know that the buzz would get out that RSFormsPro would see even greater adoption, since it is truly a dream to use!

And I've owned it less then 24hrs!

Great product, but judging from the admin responses to (at least this) question, I don't know if there is a lot of support beyond what the forums already have and the manual (For RSFormsPro) is very well documented and I can see the solution exists, although it's going to take a while.

I'll post back on this topic later, and see if anything has changed, and add my findings and discoveries as well.

Hang in there! :)
Bradley D. Thornton
Manager Network Services
NOMAD Internetwork
NorthTech Computer
http://NorthTech.US

Last Edit: 14 years 11 months ago by tallship.

Re:Connect Joomla users to RSForm user input 13 years 4 months ago #12324

• dominic.conrad
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I would highly recommend using Community Builder for your needs. I use RSForm! Pro and Community Builder on many sites, but I would never use an RSForm!Pro form to do the highly customisable registration process that Community Builder offers you.

Hope that advice helps.

Re:Connect Joomla users to RSForm user input 13 years 4 months ago #12342

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!