Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Set a select list with defaul based on variables

Set a select list with defaul based on variables 15 years 5 months ago #5768

• foxpyt
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi

I am using RSFormPro.

I would like to set a select list with a defaut value which depends on the referring page.

In about 20 different articles I have a link to the form. I want to set the defaut value depending on the referring article. The value should be set
in the article and hand over together with the link.

Is it possible to use something like

$defautvalue = $_GET[\"hotelname\"];

for a select list? (or with $ _POST)

Or do I need to use the sql datebase to hand over any data?

Thanks a lot

Fox<br><br>Post edited by: foxpyt, at: 2008/11/26 20:04
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Set a select list with defaul based on variables 13 years 1 month ago #13233

• khommons
  • Fresh Boarder
This info is very important to me too, having many pages pointing to the same form. There's a way to pass the selected value of a dropdown list?

Please Support, if you know how to do or point us in the right direction, that will be great!;)

Re:Set a select list with defaul based on variables 13 years 1 month ago #13244

One possibility is encoding the value into the URL call. I've done this on a number of occasions - especially in cases where I have two forms in a row - where I've wanted to pass a client number.

If you think that this might help, you can read more in the Pro FAQs.

CM

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!