Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Which CSS needs to be modified?

Which CSS needs to be modified? 15 years 5 months ago #5718

I am trying to modify the styles of a form created and I am having problems determine where rsFormsPRO is getting the information from. Any help would be appreciated.

I have tried to modify .inputbox (firebug points there) and a few others, but no change.

Is there anywhere to provide a class for fields?

I have read that rsFormsPro has built in style support, but I must be looking in the wrong place.

Using J1.57 / rsFormsPro (latest)

Regards,
Scott.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Which CSS needs to be modified? 15 years 5 months ago #5720

• arma
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello!

By default RSform do not add any classes to fields.
But you can add ones easy :

1) To add class for whole form wraper go to - Your form > Form Style tab and add there some classes
2) To add class for seperate tags go to - Your form > Your field and add classes you need in Form style textbox where html code for that one resides.

If you have any basic html/css skills you'll be fine there.

Re:Which CSS needs to be modified? 15 years 5 months ago #5723

The version I have, PRO, does not have a Form Style tab ... only Form Layout. Can I added it here, or use the Additonal Attributes?

In reading the forums, it seems the PRO version is missing several of the features that the basic version has, and your approach
is not a working solution. I am correct on this, right?

I have the rsform_css.pdf, but it is for an older version, or the basic version

Any other ideas?

And on a side note ... why does the PRO version have less than the basic version if this is the case?

Regards,
Scott.

Re:Which CSS needs to be modified? 15 years 5 months ago #5724

• arma
  • Fresh Boarder
Hmm Scott i can not help you on this one then because i have not seen pro version but maybe it can be done in Form layout i dunno !

Re:Which CSS needs to be modified? 15 years 5 months ago #5737

• octavian
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 110
Hello,

RSform! Pro is not missing any features. RSform! Pro is an improved and revised version of RSform!.
If you want to add classes to your fields, you have the additional attributes field, which adds any HTML permitted attribute to the specific field.
class="someclass"
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team
Last Edit: 14 years 11 months ago by octavian.

Re:Which CSS needs to be modified? 15 years 3 months ago #6369

• woodsy
  • Fresh Boarder
Actually,

Upon further investigation about this, the standard RSForms edition does permit one to edit/modify/apply attributes to the component
    and
the component's caption.

Please, by all means demonstrate how to edit/modify the style of a caption, using RSFormsPro.

I can only deduce with the Pro version that the additional attributes only refers to the form component and not the form component's caption.

Am I right in saying this?
Thanks
John Wood

Re:Which CSS needs to be modified? 15 years 3 months ago #6370

Using firebug for firefox, you can see all the styles, and which stylesheets to modify.

Re:Which CSS needs to be modified? 15 years 3 months ago #6431

• covareo
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
octavian wrote:
Hello,

RSform! Pro is not missing any features. RSform! Pro is an improved and revised version of RSform!.
If you want to add classes to your fields, you have the additional attributes field, which adds any HTML permitted attribute to the specific field.
class="someclass"

Is it possible to assign a class to the entire form?
Last Edit: 14 years 11 months ago by octavian.

Re:Which CSS needs to be modified? 14 years 11 months ago #7455

I wonder if there's any answer to be had here...

Re:Which CSS needs to be modified? 14 years 11 months ago #7638

• LPent
  • Fresh Boarder
I fear there is no answer here.

I found that assigning a class to the actual form-element can only be done by changing it in the source-code (functions.php).

As for classes on individual items of e.g. a select-box... I don't know. It's something I need myself, but am yet to find a solution for this.

I love RSForms, but the fact that it uses a "template" structure makes it hard to customise the code, it would have been better if they just gave us the full code (incl. form tag) in the layout-window instead of {...} template codes.

---Additional:

I found a solution, albeit not a very efficient one.

1) create the form.
2) show the form in your browser and look at the source-code.
3) copy the sourcecode of the form between <form> and </form> (and place it in your favorout editor)
4) disable "auto genrate layout" in RSForms, and replace the instances of the template-tags that need a custom tag, with the source-code you just copied.

Example:
<div class="formCaption">{frm_name:caption}<strong class="formRequired">(*)</strong></div>
		<div class="formBody">{frm_name:body}<span class="formClr">{frm_name:validation}</span></div>
		<div class="formDescription">{frm_name:description}</div>

becomes:
<div class="formCaption">{frm_name:caption}<strong class="formRequired">(*)</strong></div>
		<div class="formBody"><input type="text" value="" size="20"  name="form[frm_name]" id="frm_name" /><span class="formClr">{frm_name:validation}</span></div>
		<div class="formDescription">{frm_name:description}</div>

So in a nutshell, I simply changed the {frm_name:body} with <input type="text" value="" size="20" name="form[frm_name]" id="frm_name" />
Now I can assign a class to it and it still works completely like before (including validation etc.), but m,ake sure you only substitute the {...:body} tags.
Last Edit: 14 years 11 months ago by LPent.

Re:Which CSS needs to be modified? 14 years 11 months ago #7639

• octavian
Every form element has an "Additional Attributes" field. Additional attributes are added to the HTML code of the element, so if you would add:
class="myclass"
your textbox (for example) would become:
<input type="text" class="myclass" />

Adding a class to the form does not require any modifications to the source code of RSForm! Pro. Go to the Scripts tab and paste this in the Scripts called on form display area:
$formLayout=str_replace('<form','<form class="myformclass"',$formLayout);

If anyone has difficulties using RSForm! Pro or obtaining a specific result, you can always submit a ticket and we'll be there to help you, Monday through Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM :)
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,

Re:Which CSS needs to be modified? 14 years 11 months ago #7643

• LPent
  • Fresh Boarder
I know you can do this with things like <input> I am sorry I used the wrong example.

The problem we are trying to solve here is adding classes to things like <option> which CANNOT be done with the "additional attributes" box. For such things you DO need to change the sourcecode.

Again, I should have used a better example, I agree, but the principle is the same.

So to be clear, if you wish to add a class to an option-tag you simply change {frm_name:body} with something like: <select name="frm_name"><option class="someclass">Item1</option></select> according to my previous post.

Incidently, the same applies to individual checkboxes in a group. You cannot assign a class to an individual checkbox, so you will have to expand the sourcecode to do this.

Re:Which CSS needs to be modified? 14 years 11 months ago #7659

• octavian
You have access to the form's layout through the $formLayout variable.

You can use the following code in the Scripts called on form display area:
$formLayout=str_replace('<option','<option class="someclass"',$formLayout);

This way you'll keep the autogenerated layout :)
Regards,

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!