Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: What's next for RS Form?

What's next for RS Form? 15 years 6 months ago #5178

• richiep
  • Expert Boarder
Hey All,
I've been using RS Form Pro for almost a year now and it's been an awesome tool. But the more I use it the more features I could use, I know this is true for a lot of you as well.

Does someone know, or maybe the developers could tell us, what's planned for future development of the component? When is the next release planned? What can we expect? Can we help you with development?...

Some features I'd like to see

Validation Page to review/edit the info before it's actually the database
Bounced email report - A lot of my forms are data entry from hard copy and I'm not sure if the email address is correct. It would be nice to get a bounced email for bad addresses.
Change image size upon upload - Change the pixel size of the pics when they are uploaded
Targeted Emails based on selection from drop down list. If the service department is selected the appropriate people would be notified. If the outreach dept was contacted it would go to another set of emails.
Payment Gateways - PayPal, Google Checkout and Authorize.net

This next group is related to the front end and rendering and manipulating data.

Searchable/editable front end the \"RSform!Pro Frontend List\" module does a great job of pulling data out of the database but you can't search or edit the data.
More reporting options - It would be great to be able to do simple reporting like X amount of respondents said yes to question X over X time period.
Easily render date submitted from the back end.

I have other ideas but these are the big ones. What would you like RS Form to be capable of?

Peace

Richiep
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:What's next for RS Form? 15 years 6 months ago #5297

• octavian
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 110
Hello,

We have lots on our hands but any suggestions are welcome, even though it will take some time before any of them make it through.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:What's next for RS Form? 15 years 6 months ago #5313

• richiep
  • Expert Boarder
Does the RSForm team have a list of new features for the next release? Any idea when the next release will be?

thanks
Richiep

Re:What's next for RS Form? 15 years 5 months ago #5411

• octavian
  • Thank you received: 110
Hello,

Not right now, no. We're discussing some new projects.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,

Re:What's next for RS Form? 14 years 2 months ago #9870

• komita
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I see this is an older thread but would like to add my 2 cents also to the submitted items.

Validation Page to review/edit the info before it's actually the database - YES!

Payment Gateways - PayPal, Google Checkout and Authorize.net - YES. ADD GOOGLE AND AUTHORIZE.NET. Should always have choices for your users.

Searchable/editable front end the "RSform!Pro Frontend List" module does a great job of pulling data out of the database but you can't search or edit the data. -YES

More reporting options - It would be great to be able to do simple reporting like X amount of respondents said yes to question X over X time period. - YES

Easily render date submitted from the back end. - YES

And add:

Editable submissions layout: need to have much more flexibility in what and how the data is shown in the submissions.

Thanks!

Re:What's next for RS Form? 14 years 2 months ago #9884

• myles
  • Fresh Boarder
I think the most lacking feature is an easy integration of conditional form options.

Re:What's next for RS Form? 14 years 2 months ago #9891

• alexp
  • Thank you received: 180
@myles

Conditional fields are rather tricky to implement. Implementing such a feature by default will result in a higher complexity of the form configuration for a feature that is needed by a small percent of our customers (less then 10%).

Having in mind that RSform!Pro allows custom scripting, conditional fields can be easily simulated by using some Javascripting, placed on the Form Layout area. An example on how to achieve this is presented here:

www.rsjoomla.com/customer-support/docume...-or-hide-fields.html
Regards,

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!