Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Use button to send form fields to url

Use button to send form fields to url 3 months 1 week ago #43227

• samier
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi there
I am trying to use onclick in the additional attributes on a button
onclick="window.open('url.com/signup/{name:value}/{email:value}');"
It works but doesn't send the data just the field names. I need help getting the data into the url.

Its to pre fill in fields on an app signup form
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Use button to send form fields to url 3 months 1 week ago #43232

• andreic
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 60
Hello,

The field placeholders are not universal variables, you can only use them in specific areas like the thank you page or component emails. For your described scenario you will most likely need to use a custom JS script that will retrieve the desired values, build the URL to open and then simply trigger this on the button click.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!