Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Recaptcha not working on any J3 site

Recaptcha not working on any J3 site 5 months 2 weeks ago #43073

• a2zcs
  • Junior Boarder
Suddenly within the past couple of days it seems Recaptcha has stopped functioning on all sites running J3 and RSForm Pro. Did I miss a memo. I know I need to upgrade to J4 and am getting there, one site at a time. But is there a quicker fix to this. The Recaptcha just sits there and spins.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Recaptcha not working on any J3 site 5 months 2 weeks ago #43076

Same thing here. More complicated than that though: We have around 100 installations of RSForm, others with V2 others with V3.
There is a very strange combination of work / doesn't work. It starts happening on Thursday night (US time). Some Recaptcha V2 are working fine, some others don't. Also, on the same version of RSForms with the same V2 and the same Joomla version, other works, others don't. The same goes for servers as well.
It's an extremely frustrating situation, had many developers working on it, and still we can't make it work. We upgraded the latest RSForm version and, the latest Joomla 3 version on many sites, still the same.
Please, let us know any thoughts.

Recaptcha not working on any J3 site 5 months 2 weeks ago #43077

Same here. I had reCAPTCHA v2 installed on my web and since last thursday, it doesn't work.
Today I updated the plugin to the reCAPTCHA v3 plugin, instaled it, configured it with new key site and secret key but when i try the forms, says: "Please complete all required fields!" (but all fields are completed).

Also, an error on the top of the page appears: PLG_SYSTEM_RSFPRECAPTCHAV3_browser_error

At first, I thought maybe it was because i'm using Joomla 3, but now I've read you, I know it's not my fault. Maybe reCAPTCHA changed something? Maybe it's RSForm incompatibility? Maybe it's something with the server PHP version? I'm using Joomla 3.10 on a PHP 7.4.33

Thank you.

Recaptcha not working on any J3 site 5 months 2 weeks ago #43078

• octavian
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 110
Hello,

Please read this this article regarding ReCAPTCHA not working on Joomla! 3

Basically: Joomla! 3 is using MooTools and ReCAPTCHA is no longer working correctly when it's loaded. It's because of a recent change Google made to their scripts. This has also been an issue with the Google Maps JS API for a few months.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team
The following user(s) said Thank You: webmarketing, phoniumer

Recaptcha not working on any J3 site 5 months 2 weeks ago #43079

Thank you! It was very useful :)

For other people having this issue, I solved my problem installing a plugin from JED to enable/disable Mootools (on all site or just where I need to). Note: This worked for me, maybe your site needs Mootools running, so be careful and always have a backup.

Recaptcha not working on any J3 site 1 month 3 weeks ago #43276

Hello,

I realise this topic is 3+ months old.

If you need mootools, the following solution worked for me.

Assuming you can't immediately migrate to Joomla 4, one solution is to upgrade Mootools in Joomla 3.

The latest versions of the MooTools files can be downloaded from:

mootools.net/core
(MooTools-Core-1.6.0.js)

mootools.net/more
(MooTools-More-1.6.0.js)

Rename the files and upload to:

/media/system/js/mootools-core.js

/media/system/js/mootools-more.js

Clear the Joomla cache and your web browser cache to ensure the updated files are being loaded.

Of course - have a full site backup before doing the above.

Even, perhaps, download the 'original' files from your site (the ones you are going to over-write / replace) so you have them to-hand for re-upoloading if neccessity dictates.

Regards,

Tim.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!