Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Send form email from referring email?

Send form email from referring email? 5 months 4 weeks ago #43062

I'm trying to create a form to request a professional reference from someone. User lists the referees email on their profile and the admin will click a button which will send a pre-formatted email asking for a reference. It will return to the admin inbox via normal email.

I can pull the email address from the referring page with a query string but how can I add this as the destination email?

eg : domain/reference? This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Any ideas? I'm sure I've done this years ago with RSForm but can't find the thread.

Thanks
Last Edit: 5 months 4 weeks ago by wintercorn. Reason: email format
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Send form email from referring email? 5 months 4 weeks ago #43063

OK, I've done most of it as follows. Created fields in the form and mapped the referring fields to them as follows:

/reference-request/index.php?option=com_rsform&formId=4&form[Applicant_Name]=[formatname]&form[Referee_Name]=[cb_referee2details__0__cb_refereename]&form[Referee_Email]=[cb_referee2details__0__cb_refereecontactemail]

Still need to display the [Applicant_Name] fields in the form as text though so ideas would be helpful.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!