Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Problem with items in dropdown field

Problem with items in dropdown field 7 months 2 weeks ago #42970

Hi,
I have a form with a dropdown where you can select different items connected with different mail-addresses, if the user choose a item the mail will be send to the specific mail-address.
This worked for a year but now the dropdown doesn't show the items anymore.

The items are formated like this:
mail1@mail.com|name1
mail2@mail.com|name2...

I tried to downgrade to RS Form 3.1.8 but same, dropdown is empty.

Regards

Screenshot:
Last Edit: 7 months 2 weeks ago by office547. Reason: Insert screenshot of dropdown field while active.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Problem with items in dropdown field 7 months 2 weeks ago #42978

I found out now that in the preview the dropdown works but not on the site itself?
It seems to be related to the mail addresses inside the dropdown.
If I remove the mail it works.

Joomla 4 + Yootheme Pro 4 (actual)
Last Edit: 7 months 2 weeks ago by office547.

Problem with items in dropdown field 7 months 2 weeks ago #42983

• andreic
  • NOW ONLINE
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 59
Hello,

If you are loading the form inside an article please try checking your enabled plugins for "Content - Email Cloaking". If this is enabled please try temporarily disabling it and test the dropdown functionality one more time.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Problem with items in dropdown field 7 months 2 weeks ago #42986

Hi,

thanks, disabling the plugin "emailcloak" makes the dropdown working again but I would prefer a solution with enabled plugin?

Regards, Martin

Problem with items in dropdown field 7 months 1 week ago #42997

Sry but is there any other solution beside disabling this plugin?

Edit:
I found out now that the code {emailcloak=off} before the {rsform 3} disables the mailcloak on the site.
The problem here is that on the same sites I have another mail-addresses in the text-elements outside the form where the mailcloak also is disabled.
So I decide to encrypt these mail-addresses manually inside the html-code.
Last Edit: 7 months 1 week ago by office547.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!