Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Calculating an amount for a payment field

Calculating an amount for a payment field 9 months 3 days ago #42881

• a2zcs
  • Junior Boarder
I'm trying to create a calculation for a product/payment field and not having much luck.

I've one Multiple Product field [Membership Level] which also is the controlling field for conditional results. This field has base values in it. These values are transferred to the Total field, no problem.
Now I also need to add an amount based on a quantity*.2 to be added to the base value. Essentially, an Educational Organization needs to pay $485 base plus .20 per student for membership.
I can't seem to get these values to combine in to update the Total field. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm either using the wrong kind of field or something.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Calculating an amount for a payment field 8 months 1 week ago #42912

• andreic
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 59
Hello,

You can take a look at the following article for an example on this topic:
www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/r...o-a-paypal-form.html

Another option would be to use a script in "PHP Scripts" > "Scripts called on form process" in order to add the calculated total to the payment specific total field ( in this example the custom total is stored in a field named "total"):
$_POST = $_POST;
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team
The following user(s) said Thank You: ssnobben

Calculating an amount for a payment field 6 months 4 days ago #43053

• cdg116
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks !
Last Edit: 6 months 3 days ago by cdg116.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!