Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Unable to save form field with code - why?

Unable to save form field with code - why? 1 year 2 weeks ago #42711

Hi,
I have run into a problem I don't understand.
I have used RSForm!Pro for years and have never had this problem before.

I have downloaded and installed a RSForm!Pro on a new site, and on this new site I cannot save the form fields as soon a they contain any code. Any field without code is fine, textboxes, dropdowns, etc, but when it contains code nothing happens when I click on the save button. Actually I have to refresh the browser to make RSForm!Pro work again.

An example is this simple piece of code that I put in the "Default Value" in order to populate the field with the users name:

//<code>
$user = &JFactory::getUser();
$str=$user->name;
return $str;
//</code>

Without this code, I can save the form, but not when the code is present.

I have compared settings with my previous implementations (that work fine) and the settings are identical.
I'm using Joomla 4 and I have tested both with PHP 7.3 and 8.1.

This is driving me nuts that I can't understand what's wrong!

Does anyone have any idea what this might be? Probably something simple - but what?
I would be very grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.

/goran
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!