Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Textbox is too narrow when editing from directory

Textbox is too narrow when editing from directory 1 year 4 months ago #42366

When editing a submission from a directory listing the textboxes are too narrow but the textarea width is fine. I am very inexperienced at matters HTML / CSS / Javascript.

I thought I would look at HTML for textarea to see why it worked and spotted "style="width: 95%"":

<td class="rsform-dir-input">
<textarea placeholder="" style="width: 95%" class="rs_textarea" rows="10" cols="60" name="form[WalkDescription]">Walk starts at 10.30 junction of causeway and Coverts Road KT10 OJU where there is plenty of street parking. Pub only but will ask nearer the time if picnics can be consumed on outside benches. Boots and sticks advisable.</textarea> </td>

I then looked at the layout of one of the textbox's HTML which I found did NOT include "style="width: 95%"". The HTML is below. The MS Edge Developer tools enabled me to add "style="width: 95%"" to the HTML for one text box (not shown below). This made the textbox extend to be the same width as the textarea which is what I wanted.

<td class="rsform-dir-input">
<input class="rs_inp rs_80" type="text" name="form[WalkTitle]" value="Claygate, Ashtead Common and Princes Coverts" placeholder=""> </td>

I have no idea how to get RSForm!Pro to add "style="width: 95%"" to the HTML for textboxes accessed for editing from the directory listing. I wondered if this article would tell me how to achieve it www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/r...le-in-rsformpro.html . I can find front.css at step 1 in the instructions but I cannot find directory /templates/your_template/css/com_rsform/ at step 3. I do not know if "your_template" should actually be there or should be name of template actually being used (there are 4 directories in templates folder - beez3, gantry, prostar and system. I believe our front end uses Gantry. In each of the template folders (beez3, gantry, prostar and system) there is a CSS directory but no com_rsform directory within it.

Any guidance (short of giving access to website) would be very welcome. The article about front.css might be a red herring - it is just that it looked a promising place to add a width specification.

Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Textbox is too narrow when editing from directory 1 year 4 months ago #42371

• dragos
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 102
Hello,

If you have a publicly accessible link, please provide it so I can have a look. If however this is behind a login, please submit a Support ticket instead.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!