Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Is it possible to assign weights to values?

Is it possible to assign weights to values? 2 years 7 months ago #41442

• gregs
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I have a form where questions are entered in order to build a knowledgebase type of tool. Each question is assigned to a category. I am using the Google Sheets plugin to insert data into a sheet. There will then be a submissions directory where people can pull questions and print them out.

People will obviously be able to search by category but what I'd like to do is assign a number as a "weight" to each question as some are more important than others and we'd like them to display more often. I know that number could be used as a search criteria for a manual search but is there a way to have that "weighted" value be calculated behind the scenes so that some questions are more likely to appear? Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!