Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: User registration plugin with admin email not work

User registration plugin with admin email not work 3 years 6 months ago #40600

I created a user registration form and along with the required fields, there are other custom fields that I'd like to email to myself (admin email). When the user registration is enabled in the form properties the form does not send out an admin email at all. When I turned off the user registration it does send out the admin email so there is no problem with the configuration of the admin email.

I tried and checked what about the user email and in fact it does work with the user registration turned on so now I send the email to myself with the user email option.

I include a screenshot about my settings hope I'm just missing something.

https://tinyurl.com/y3gvbgj8
The administrator has disabled public write access.

User registration plugin with admin email not work 3 years 6 months ago #40604

I just discovered that if you include the "{user_activation}" text in your user email and a user verifies the email address via this link which is generated by Joomla then you will get the admin email from RsForm.

I'm still trying to bypass this as I don't need to verify their emails but I want to have manual control over the new users and would like to accept or deny by myself.

User registration plugin with admin email not work 3 years 6 months ago #40605

• adrianp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 146
Hello,

Your user activation is set to Admin which works the same as your standard Joomla! user activation does (this being a two step process). Firstly the User Email will be sent to make the first activation, and only after this is done the Admin Email will be sent (this is postponed until the initial activation is made so that the final admin activation can be normally done afterwards).

You can simply set the "New User Account Activation" to "Self" and include the {user_activation} placeholder in your Admin Email instead (this way you can approve users yourself without a further action on their behalf).
This is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a support ticket here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mark.fodor

User registration plugin with admin email not work 3 years 6 months ago #40607

That's a nice solution, thank you! Although I was thinking about if it would be better to have this filter so users have to verify their emails to filter spam registrations. I have only one problem, right now the user activation link looks like this:

mydomain.com/component/rsform/form/21-re...f569eded66beeca5efc3

Is there any chance I can modify this to skip "/rsform/form/21-registration-form" part and change it to something else or just skip it?

User registration plugin with admin email not work 3 years 6 months ago #40609

• adrianp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 146
Hello,

You can use the RSForm!Pro "Form" menu item to publish your form, this way the link will inherit your menu item alias/structure instead.
This is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a support ticket here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mark.fodor

User registration plugin with admin email not work 1 year 7 months ago #42161

• azurelink
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Is it possible to allow the User to self activate, without the need for an Admin to login and complete the activation manually? That used to be the way RSFP worked.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!