Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Calculation field in percentage

Calculation field in percentage 3 years 9 months ago #40312

Hello,

I have been trying for quite sometimes without any luck so far. Hoping that someone here can help.

I have 7 number fields, let call it field1 - field7, when visitors fill in the form, I want to calculate the total into field8.
I have already setup calculation in field8 to add field1-field7. However, the number showing up as decimals.
For example, when someone type in 10 in any of the field1-field7, then field8 will show 10.00.
I need it to show 10% instead.

I don't want to change the global configuration because I do need to have decimal on other areas that uses currency format. I only need this one calculated field to show as a fixed none decimal number with % sign at the end of it.

I have tried to use:

<script type="text/javascript">
function formatCalc(){
document.getElementById('totalpercent').value = parseFloat(document.getElementById('totalpercent').value).toFixed(0);}
</script>

then add onchange="formatCalc()"; on the additional attribute section but it just wont work at all.

Hopefully someone would be able to shine some light to this.

Thanks in advance!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!