Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Free Text element broken after update

Free Text element broken after update 4 years 2 months ago #39872

• lausianne
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi,

Yesterday I updated RSForms to 2.3.7. The Free Text element is now broken. The text field is gone and an HTML tab appeared, with a regular WYSIWIG editor. This deletes my content, php code.

I need a fix rather urgently.
Thank you!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Free Text element broken after update 4 years 2 months ago #39874

• dragos
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 102
Hello,

You can try going to Global Configuration and switch to a Joomla! default editor, such as TinyMCE (note that RSForm!Pro doesn't clear data on its own). If afterwards your Free Text code is displayed, then this points to your editor.

Free Text element broken after update 4 years 2 months ago #39875

• lausianne
  • Junior Boarder
Hi Dragos,

Thanks for your suggestion. I do not want to switch to another HTML editor, as these will always mess with my code, according to my experience. Also I need the JCE editor everywhere else as default.

I this place, for the free text field, I need the text area back as it was. Just pure text, as it has always been.

I don't mind if there is an option to use any other editor, but it is very important to be able to add pure code here, otherwise it will break several of my forms and special functionality that I developed for them. For years it has been a great advantage of RSForm to be able to easily add custom code.

Please, guys, don't take that away from us!

Free Text element broken after update 4 years 2 months ago #39876

• dragos
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 102
Hello,

We've tested this using the latest JCE version, 2.8.5 and there's no such issue within a Free Text field. You will need to check what version of JCE editor you're using and eventually update it.

Free Text element broken after update 4 years 2 months ago #39877

• lausianne
  • Junior Boarder
I have JCE 2.8.6, even. But that is not the point. Any HTML editor will mess with php code. I have not seen one yet that doesn't.

Can you not just give us back a fancy editor free text field, please?

Free Text element broken after update 4 years 1 month ago #39911

• i.konrad
  • Fresh Boarder
Had the same problem. html freetext was totaly gone.
I fixed it with:
deinstall all components of jce and reinstall it.

Free Text element broken after update 4 years 1 month ago #39912

• lausianne
  • Junior Boarder
The problem in my case is not that the element is missing. Just the pure code editor is missing. And the one that's there now destroys my code on save. And I don't think that will be fixed with a reinstall.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!