Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Forward slashes removed from Free Text et al

Forward slashes removed from Free Text et al 4 years 3 months ago #39689

• Pomond
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi! I'm trying to add some extra HTML code into a form created by RSForm Pro, including values for a CSS background image. I have this added as an inline style, but then when the form renders on the front end, the HTML shows that the forward slashes have been stripped out and replaced with spaces.

For example, in the Free Text field and the Form Properties > Form Layout > HTML Layout field, I enter the following:
style="background-image: url("/images/sp/mckinley-park-news/McKinley-Park-clocktower.jpg");"

When looking at this in Chrome's web developer window, it just shows as spaces where the forward slashes should be. When copied-and-pasted, it shows double-exclamation points and spaces.

Do I need to put in an escape character in front of forward slashes?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Forward slashes removed from Free Text et al 4 years 3 months ago #39690

• adrianp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 146
Hello,

This is due to the fact that you aren't specifying this correctly. You already have double quotes for the style declaration and your url path includes double quotes as well, thus not being interpreted as they should. Basically your style contents stop here:

style="background-image: url("

You'll have to switch one of them into single quotes instead so that your quotes enclosing is properly done. Example:

style="background-image: url('/images/sp/mckinley-park-news/McKinley-Park-clocktower.jpg');"
This is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a support ticket here.
Last Edit: 4 years 3 months ago by adrianp.

Forward slashes removed from Free Text et al 4 years 3 months ago #39698

• Pomond
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Thanks for the assistance! I was also encountering issues related to copying/pasting into JCE, which was mangling some of the copied-over code. I also was banging my head against the wall on not seeing changes on the front end, then I discovered the language switch ...

Thanks again!

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!