Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Use data from another database to show in form

Use data from another database to show in form 4 years 4 months ago #39630

• StormIT
  • Junior Boarder
I have a requirement, where I have the Joomla database (let's call this JoomlaDB) and I have an additional database (let's call this additionalDB), where product information is held.

In the first step of my form, I have two fields; Serial Number and Email address. The user then enters this information and I need the query to bring back the set of personal information results based on the Serial Number and Email address, such as Address, Contact Name, Phone Number.

The user can then edit their personal information (if it's incorrect), or if correct they continue the form.

On the next step, they are then able to upload photos and files to the form, which is then saved into the Joomla database.

I need to know how to connect to the additionalDB, to bring in the set of results for the user entering the form information.

How is this possible please?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!