Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Recording User Edits

Recording User Edits 4 years 5 months ago #39592

• kris6
  • Fresh Boarder
We utilize RSForm Pro for a project management system. I was wondering if there is a way to track and record who last edited a record utilizing a field whether it be a text field or a hidden field? Is this possible with RSForms pro? Example below

User 1 - Creates record and submits record.
User 2 - Then comes in and edits the record.

//<code>
$formuser=JFactory::getUser();
return $formuser->name;
//</code>

The above code only works on original submission however not on the editing side.

I need to be able to see that it was User 2 who edited the record. I can get it to generate the user who created the record as the current user using the code below however it does not carry over to the Edit record side of things and still maintains the user name that created the record instead of replacing it with the user that actually edited the record. Please advise is this even possible with RSForms pro? Also it could be a very useful tool for many others as they use RSForm Pro to manage contacts, projects, itineraries and so fourth. It would also help if RSForms Pro was able to create a directory view that was in a Calendar form based on date fields created. This will allow people to use RSForms pro for many different uses as well as allow RS Joomla to charge more for the RSForm Pro plug in.
Last Edit: 4 years 5 months ago by kris6. Reason: Forgot the example code.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Recording User Edits 4 years 5 months ago #39595

If you don't mind me asking what is the workflow/ purpose behind user 2 making the edit?

Do you need to list all submissions for all users?

Depending on the set up you might be able to control who can edit what with permissions. Possibly that way, once an edit is done you know it is only possible by a specific user.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!