Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Submission ID

Submission ID 4 years 4 months ago #39581

Hi all,

I am trying to create a link in the user email that will link to the submission.

I am trying to use {global:submissionid} in the link but it keeps returning 0. Has anyone achieved this?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Submission ID 4 years 4 months ago #39589

• adrianp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 146
Hello,

The {global:submissionid} placeholder can't return 0.

You can try these steps:

- if you're using a multi-language installation, ensure that you're editing your email for the same language you're testing this in the frontend area. Notice a language selector in the upper-left corner while editing a form.

- if you have an editor, switch to the view source code mode (editors have a button on this) and inspect your body to properly contain this placeholder. Some editors might add inline CSS for example and can disrupt the syntax if the style is added within the actual placeholder.
This is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a support ticket here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mcclatchey97

Submission ID 4 years 4 months ago #39594

I believe the issue was related to the editor and html.

If the email is sent as text it works fine. Once the email is switched to html format I get 0.

Quite an easy fix once you know where to look, thanks for the help!

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!