Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: RSForms - bypass PayPal if Total is Zero

RSForms - bypass PayPal if Total is Zero 4 years 6 months ago #39505

Experts,

I need some advice please. I have a form built to enter an event. If you are a member it's free (£0.00) and if you are a non-member it's £5.00. I offer PayPal & Offline Payments. I need to skip PayPal if the cost is zero.

What I understand about the plug-in is that the PayPal redirect will not trigger is the total is zero. On that basis I have hidden the Payment type dropdown (PayPal/Cheque) if the Member option is selected in another field. It looks like the form is submitted and there is no redirect to PayPal .

My problem is the email actions on form submission do not trigger; The form submission is not confirmed to the end use or the admins. I believe this could be because I have YES to deferring emails until the transaction is confirmed by the payment gateway ("These settings allow you to send the emails only when the payment has been confirmed by the payment gateway.")

In my example - when the total is zero, the payment option is PayPal but this will never be confirmed by the payment gateway as the plug (rightly) won't direct a zero total to PayPal. I don't want to enable emails before the payment gateway forms as this will impact the chargeable option on my form too.

I am looking for a simple way to have a free item and a chargeable item on a form. Use PayPal for the chargeable item but bypass and send emails when the cost is zero.

Any help out there?

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RSForms - bypass PayPal if Total is Zero 4 years 6 months ago #39508

• adrianp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 146
Hello,

A new "RSForm!Pro Payment Package plugin" version has just been released.

After the update, when the payment total is zero, the submission's payment status is automatically set to "Accepted" (this way your email will be normally sent under these particular circumstances when it's deferred).

You can either update the plugin using your Joomla! automatic update feature or download it once again from our website and install it over your current one (this acts as an update).
This is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a support ticket here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ross.mcintyre

RSForms - bypass PayPal if Total is Zero 4 years 6 months ago #39509

Works perfectly - thanks again.

Ross

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!