Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Registration to Joomla and vBulletin

Registration to Joomla and vBulletin 4 years 8 months ago #39385

• omidhz
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm looking in to using the RSForm Pro and the user registration plug in.
If I have a vBulletin forum installed on the same server and same database as my Joomla, can the RSForm Pro register the user with user registration plug in register the user simultaneously to both applications, using one registration form?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Registration to Joomla and vBulletin 4 years 8 months ago #39396

• adrianp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 146
Hello,

This blog post explains how you can use the RSForm!Pro mappings feature to map form submitted data in other database tables (you'll most likely need a similar approach).
This is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a support ticket here.

Registration to Joomla and vBulletin 4 years 8 months ago #39401

• omidhz
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you for your reply. I know how to set up the mapping and use it. When registering a new user in vBulletin database, it is not as simple as just mapping the fields with the database to save the information. The password also needs to be encrypted and saved as a secret code and token. That's the confusing part.
vBulleting has a user save function with instruction on how to save, but I'm not expert coder to know how to do that.
here is their instruction:
vb5support.com/resources/api/vB_Api_User.html#method_save
www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/data_managers

I appreciate if you could shed a light on how to implement this.
Thank you in advance.
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by omidhz.

Registration to Joomla and vBulletin 4 years 8 months ago #39402

• omidhz
  • Fresh Boarder
If there is anyone that could help me with this for a fee, I am willing to compensate for their time and support.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!