Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Assign value to a textbox

Assign value to a textbox 4 years 8 months ago #39372

Hi All,
I have a dropdown field with two items, according to the user's selection I want to assign an "x" value within a textbox.
Example,
If the user chooses option1 from the dropdown, the textbox must have the value1, if the user chooses option2 the same textbox must have value2.

Any help is appreciated.
Carlos
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Assign value to a textbox 4 years 8 months ago #39380

• iceferret
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 57
I'd say the easiest way to do this would be to set out the dropdown like this

|Please choose one of the following:
choice1|red
choice2|blue

Then create three text boxes choicenone (leave blank), choice1 and choice2 . In these add whatever you want in default value. In additional attributes for all three add read only="read only"
After that set up three conditions in conditional fields to show choicenone if dropdown is please choose from.....
Show choice1 if dropdown is choice1 etc
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, then you obviously don't understand the situation!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreespsDesign

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!