Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Help with "dynamic" placeholder field

Help with "dynamic" placeholder field 4 years 9 months ago #39319

• andrea74
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello, I have a simple form in a page staging.fkv.it/prodotti/preparazione-del...lizzazione/ultrawave (at the bottom) with 3 fields: Name, Surname and E-mail.
The form submission is a redirect to another page with a complete form where the 3 fields above are already filled.
Everything works fine.

The "complete long form" is also reachable from another menu staging.fkv.it/azienda/contatti.
In this case I would like that the 3 fields Name, Surname and E-mail had the default placeholder instead of dynamic values.

Is it possibile? Someone could help me?
Thank you very much.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Help with "dynamic" placeholder field 4 years 9 months ago #39320

Hi, Your form on staging.fkv.it/azienda/contatti has the {nome:value} in the place holderfield. I think you'll need two seperate forms, or put some javascript logic in the Javascript field.

Help with "dynamic" placeholder field 4 years 9 months ago #39321

• andrea74
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Paul,
thank you for the answer.
Correct: {nome:value} is the variable if you get to the form from the previous one here staging.fkv.it/prodotti/preparazione-del...lizzazione/ultrawave .
I'm not be able to replace {nome:value} with another placeholder (for example Name) if the variable {nome:value} doesn't exist.
Using a javascript like suggested by you should be the best way to prevent to duplicate the form.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!