Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Error You are not authorized to view this page.

Error You are not authorized to view this page. 6 years 2 months ago #37850

• Aradise
  • Fresh Boarder
After a the latest Joomla upgrade we upgraded RSForms Pro today.

Without touching anything else, we now get the message, "Error: You are not authorized to view this page. Did you forget to set 'Enable Viewing Submissions ?' to 'Yes' from this menu item's properties?" when our users click the PDF link to the forms submitted in our job board powered by RSForms pro. Everything worked until the upgrades. I do have a backup but would like to avoid that since we're not getting to the heart of the matter.

Any ideas?
The topic has been locked.

Error You are not authorized to view this page. 6 years 2 months ago #37851

We have the same Problem. When you relog @backend then you have a rsformpro update to 2.0.5 from 1.52.14 but cant update it....

Error You are not authorized to view this page. 6 years 2 months ago #37852

Same Problem , I get "500 - You are not authorized to view this page. Did you forget to set 'Enable submissions directory' to 'Yes' from this menu item's properties?" even i have enabled it in the menu item

Error You are not authorized to view this page. 6 years 2 months ago #37853

• octavian
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 110
This is a bug introduced by Joomla! 3.8.4, see here:
github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/19497

Temporary fix would be to replace 'libraries/src/Router/SiteRouter.php' with the one from 3.8.3.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team
Last Edit: 6 years 2 months ago by octavian.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yaani, beemerrider, iceferret, paul78

Error You are not authorized to view this page. 6 years 2 months ago #37854

Thanks , That fixed it. Hopefully they will fix this with 3.8.5 soon. Please Update this thread with new info on this issue or if you fix it on your end , i have seen the bug report you made on github and would like to get updates on how it will get fixed on your end or on joomla's end so i can take appropriate action on the file replaced in the joomla core which is a bit scary for me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yaani

Error You are not authorized to view this page. 6 years 2 months ago #37858

• Gerard.Verheij
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Thanks, this fix helped me as well on my site.

Just be very carefull when upgrading our sites to the new Joomla-release! (as the phprouter.php file may be replaced again) And test the submission-views. Thanks!

Error You are not authorized to view this page. 6 years 2 months ago #37863

• yaani
  • Senior Boarder
Hi,

I got this error also I replaced the 'libraries/src/Router/SiteRouter.php' file with the one from 3.8.3 but I still get the same 500 error.

I get the error when I click the View or Edit icon in the Directory report.

We are using RSForm Pro for online race registrations & the race staff need to be able to view details of transactions in the Directory & also be able to edit it when racers check in trackside on Sunday!

I am using the form here race www.racekarts.com/race-registration.html I turned off the sh404SEF to help debug the problem.

Can you help me please? It's important that I get the problem fixed before the race on Sunday.

Thank you so much for any assistance you can give.
Last Edit: 6 years 2 months ago by yaani.

Error You are not authorized to view this page. 6 years 2 months ago #37865

• Gerard.Verheij
  • Fresh Boarder
Perhaps the file-rights of SiteRouter.php, that you copied, are not ok? It must be 644.

Error You are not authorized to view this page. 6 years 2 months ago #37867

• info6586
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm having the same problem as yaani. "I get the error when I click the View or Edit icon in the Directory report". the permission is ok and cleared the cache.

Also are there any other option to fix this issue rather than changing the core files?

thanks,
Sam

Error You are not authorized to view this page. 6 years 2 months ago #37868

• octavian
Since this is a Joomla! bug (which will be fixed in 3.8.5 - and will actually replace that file with the one from 3.8.3, which was working correctly, reverting all changes from 3.8.4), no, there's no other option.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,

Error You are not authorized to view this page. 6 years 2 months ago #37871

• iceferret
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 57
Spent hours on this thinking "what am I missing?"
Anyway, renamed the old file and uploaded the 3.8.3 version......fixed, hooray and thanks :cheer:
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, then you obviously don't understand the situation!
Last Edit: 6 years 2 months ago by iceferret. Reason: rewording

Error You are not authorized to view this page. 6 years 2 months ago #37884

• yaani
  • Senior Boarder
I figured out a solution to my problem!

Step 1 - I changed the 'libraries/src/Router/SiteRouter.php' file with the one from Joomla 3.8.3

This fixed new submission's View & Edit buttons but not the submissions made before I changed the SiteRouter.php file.
So I did the following:

Step 2 - Make a Backup of the form & the form submissions

Step 3 - Restore the form & the form submissions
  • Overwrite existing forms? Set to "No"
  • Keep IDs from backup? Set to "No"

Step 4 - Changed the menu item that pointed to the old form directory to point to the new form directory.

Now all the View & Edit icons work in the Directory! Yay!!!

This work around just changes the one file 'libraries/src/Router/SiteRouter.php' & does not require to upload the entire 3.8.3 files
Last Edit: 6 years 2 months ago by yaani.

Error You are not authorized to view this page. 6 years 2 months ago #37891

• octavian
Now that Joomla! 3.8.5 was released this issue has been fixed, so if you haven't updated, please do so:

www.joomla.org/announcements/release-new...a-3-8-5-release.html
Regards,

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!