Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Operators ? => {if} scripting now allows comparing

Operators ? => {if} scripting now allows comparing 6 years 7 months ago #37333

• molotov
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

Since the {if} scripting now allows comparing, as explained in [url=http://https://www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/rsform-pro/frequently-asked-questions/dynamically-adjust-email-and-thank-you-message-content-without-php-knowledge.html][/url]

Could you just explain what the different operators are / how they work?

Sorry, maybe it's a stupid question, but I'm not sure about !=, =,==,===, <-, -> etc...

Thanks for any help!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Operators ? => {if} scripting now allows comparing 6 years 7 months ago #37338

• iceferret
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 57
Not easy to grasp sometimes. This helped me :)

php.net/manual/en/language.operators.comparison.php

Can't think of an easy explanation for type juggling but as most of the time I need the {if} statement to show or not show a bit of text in an email or Pdf if the input is lets say for example I have a field 'where did you hear about us' all I need is the == or != to do this

So ;
{if{Source:value}==Article in Magazine/Local Paper}<b> Which publication?</b> {Source2:value}{/if}<!--If field value is article in mag show-->
Translated means 'if the value selected is (==) Article etc then show Which publication etc.'

In another case a club site has memberships for Uk and Overseas so I don't want to show the value for the latter if they choose UK, so;

{if {overseas:value}!=Not Required}<b>Overseas membership rate selected:</b> {overseas:value}</p>{/if}<!--If field is not needed do not show-->

Again translated means 'If the value for overseas membership is not required do not show (!=) the rest of the statement'

Hope that helps a bit.
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, then you obviously don't understand the situation!
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by iceferret.
The following user(s) said Thank You: molotov

Operators ? => {if} scripting now allows comparing 6 years 7 months ago #37349

• molotov
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you alot for your explanations and your link.It really helps a lot.
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by molotov.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!