Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: conditional feature very poor

conditional feature very poor 7 years 4 weeks ago #36670

Hi there. I use RsForm from1 month and unfortunately i got some difficulties about conditional feature. Above all because it is very poor and need to know javascript (not all users use a CMS know that otherwise they program directly). Also the policy of RsJoomla doesn't allow they help you to write a javascript code, so other problem too.

Here my suggestions to improve the conditional feature and dropdown field too.

1) Allow multiple SHOW (actually you can set only one). In this case i can show more that one field with a single condition;
2) Allow duplicate the condition to create a new one quickly by changing something only. Very useful when you create a long condition;
3) Not only IS or IS NOT like rule but also IS BIGGER, IS LOWER, IS EQUAL in the case compare 2 numeric field values;
4) The point 3 also about compare 2 date field values;
5) Allow to create a condition in this way: SHOW field A
IF ALL or ANY
FIELD B IS or IS NOT red, blue, green, yellow (any of these for this field in the case the field contains items. For example radio or dropdown or check);
FIELD C IS or IS NOT........;
FIELD D .........;
In this example i am not forced to use ANY or ALL for the entire condition (like now) but for single field too. It is more powerful and help a lot users of RsForm to create a good conditions.

About a dropdown field: allow an option on the field settings like SHOW "PLEASE SELECT". In this case the first time no any value or item of the field is shown but only a "please select". If the field is required user must select one otherwise get the error.
I hope RsJoomla team will think of these suggestions to improve a component so good and so mature.
Best regards
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!