Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Insert hidden field or free text value into PDF?

Insert hidden field or free text value into PDF? 7 years 2 months ago #36565

Hi there

I require some assistance.

I have a form which inserts a value into a free text/hidden field upon a click event.

The process:

1. User clicks on "Coordinates" text box.
2. A google map popup appears.
3. User chooses location.
4. Coordinates are automatically added into "Coordinate" textbox.
5. The coordinates in the "Coordinate" text box is not a link, simply text. To convert it into an href link with the coordinates as the text, I had to add some javascript and use a hidden or free text field. This then makes an href link NEXT TO the "Coordinate" text box, which the user can click to go to the location they chose on google maps.
6. User submits form with all required info.

The issue:

Once the PDF is generated and mailed to the user, all values are shown by using the "{field_name:value}". However, the href coordinate link is not being added onto the PDF.

Can a Free Text or Hidden field be added if it's just html? Here is the code if you're interested. The "myLink" is part of the javascript.
<a id="myLink" href="#"></a>

What could work is there is PHP code which I can enter in the hidden field which must be equal to the value in the freetext field. I hope this makes sense as I know it's confusing.
Last Edit: 7 years 2 months ago by fretsmaster.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Insert hidden field or free text value into PDF? 7 years 2 months ago #36567

• patrick403
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Couldn't you just do this:

<a id="myLink" href="maps.google.com/?daddr={fieldname:value}"></a>

Insert hidden field or free text value into PDF? 7 years 2 months ago #36569

Thanks for your reply.

I will have a look! This never even crossed my mind as I was thinking it's going to be a lot of steps but hopefully this example works.

Will test it first thing tomorrow morning when going to work.

Thanks again.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!