Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Auto Suggest in Drop Down

Auto Suggest in Drop Down 7 years 3 months ago #36228

• donal
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I've done a lot of searching, but haven't found a solution to my question.

I have a form with a populated drop down (or other field if required). I would like users to be able to type some text, and if that text exists in any lines, they are shown, enabling the user to select that line.

For example, if the list contains
Barack Obama
Donal Trump
Hilary Clinton

and a user selects the field, and types "rum", the Donal Trump line will auto suggest, and the user can click on it.

To aid in describing my requirements, the following site is nearly what I would like... www.brandspankingnew.net/specials/ajax_a...st_autocomplete.html

What doesn't fulfil my requirement with the above page, is that the auto suggest just works from the start of the string, and not the middle of the string.

Is my requirement possible in RSForms Pro?

Thanks,
Dee
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Auto Suggest in Drop Down 7 years 3 months ago #36316

• Kevin.brackley
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I found this request while searching for similar functionality...I can't find any other reference to rsform being able to do this, but I'd add my vote to this feature!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!