Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: All forms submissions suddenly missing

All forms submissions suddenly missing 7 years 4 months ago #36147

• get.creative
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello,

I have found posts on this forum regarding this issue but either they have gone unanswered or the answers do not present a solution, hence me posting this and hoping someone may be able to assist.

I have an old site sunning Joomla 2.5 and had RSForms 1.4.0 Rev 45 on it. There are 38 forms in total on the site. Everything has been working well until yesterday when I was alerted to the fact that the forms submissions for all 38 forms under Manage Submissions have now disappeared.

In the Submissions column on the Manage Forms screen, I can see the tally of number of submissions received over time and in total however none of these submissions for any of the forms can be seen in the Manage Submissions screen.

I have upgraded RSForms to a later version thinking there may have been a problem with the component but to no avail.

I would really appreciate some advice and assistance in resolving this as it is extremely important.

Many thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

All forms submissions suddenly missing 7 years 4 months ago #36156

• get.creative
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I wish to post a reply to my own post for the benefit of those users who may have a similar problem in future, as while others have had the same problem in the past, no clue as to the problem or a solution has been forthcoming.

I have managed to resolve the problem of submissions suddenly going missing. The problem as it turns out in this instance is not related to RSForms at all but rather the SQL database. The tables had become corrupted somehow hence the sudden and inexplicable results - or lack thereof. Once the db tables had been repaired, the form submission records reappeared in the Manage Submissions section of RSForms.

I imagine the success of repairing the tables and how much record data is retrieved depends on the level of corruption. In my case, submission records for a certain period (between the time the table became corrupt and when it was repaired) were incomplete and only the submitter's IP address and date of submission could be retrieved. At least the results of submissions prior to the corruption are all 100% in tact and submissions no on are working 100%.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gary011

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!