Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: auto generate password for User Registration

auto generate password for User Registration 8 years 7 months ago #32015

• sam.samiei
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi,
i have a online booking form and looking to register the user once they submit the form and send them the login details alongside their appointment details.

my question is how can i set the site to auto generate a password for a user and email them? instead of having a password field in the form.

in Joomla! User Registration section of RS Form pro we have
Name
Username
Verify E-mail
Password
Verify Password

I'm collecting their name and email address and planning to use the email address as username and the only problem is the passwords.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

auto generate password for User Registration 8 years 7 months ago #32085

• loneildo
  • Fresh Boarder
up

auto generate password for User Registration 8 years 7 months ago #32090

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Simply add a single Support field number to your form. You should map both password related registration fields to this new one.

Please try it and let me know!
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

auto generate password for User Registration 10 months 3 weeks ago #42760

• DiGwork
  • Junior Boarder
support ticket field no longer works to insert an auto generated password with recent updates to RSFORM!

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!