Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Google Map

Google Map 9 years 6 months ago #29283

• tiffjan
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm trying to remove or at least hide the input field on the frontend for google map. I already have it set up with specific coordinates so input is not needed. Can anyone help?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Google Map 9 years 6 months ago #29289

• tiffjan
  • Fresh Boarder
I found the solution in case anyone wants to know. Takes a bit of tweaking.

1. Go to yoursite/administrator/components/com_rsform/helpers/rsform.php

2. Look for the following.
$out .= '<input autocomplete="off" type="text" value="'.(isset($value[$data['NAME']]) ? RSFormProHelper::htmlEscape($value[$data['NAME']]) : RSFormProHelper::htmlEscape($defaultValue)).'" size="'.$data['SIZE'].'" name="form['.$data['NAME'].']" id="'.$data['NAME'].'" '.$data['ADDITIONALATTRIBUTES'].'/>';

3. And change to the following
$out .= '<input autocomplete="off" type="hidden" value="'.(isset($value[$data['NAME']]) ? RSFormProHelper::htmlEscape($value[$data['NAME']]) : RSFormProHelper::htmlEscape($defaultValue)).'" size="'.$data['SIZE'].'" name="form['.$data['NAME'].']" id="'.$data['NAME'].'" '.$data['ADDITIONALATTRIBUTES'].'/>';

4. There you have it! All you're changing is the <input type=""> from text to hidden. Everything else remains the same.
Last Edit: 9 years 6 months ago by tiffjan. Reason: more information

Google Map 9 years 6 months ago #29300

• IamJim
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello Tiffjan, and I am sorry to bother you but I have been away from rs forms since 11/2012 and now they have maps. Reason I am contacting you ma'am is because this seems to be "fresh in your mind" [smile] and I was wondering if you would not mind helping me if you could get up to speed?

I also see that your had a github/k2 as well. I have only got as far to really download and install K2, but wondering how good you are with that as well please?

Thanks in advance for your time...and I also simply tried to see how in these forums to put up my picture in my profile, but I did not see how. I must be blind.. haha

Jim

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!