Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: {if ...} use in User Email

{if ...} use in User Email 10 years 4 months ago #25776

• damien7
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi there,

I am trying to setup a conditional field for a "Newsletter" for, im which the radio field "Select" exists with options "Subscribe" and "Unsubscribe". Placing {if {Select:Subscribe}} Thanks for subscribing. {/if} {if {Select:Unsubscribe}} Sorry you unsubscribed! {/if} in the User Email Message>Edit The Email Text field does not return any results in the user email. What am I doing wrong?

www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/v...t-php-knowledge.html
The administrator has disabled public write access.

{if ...} use in User Email 10 years 4 months ago #25781

• adrianp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 146
Hello,

In order for placeholders to actually work within the generated RSForm!Pro emails, you will have to use their correct syntax. RSForm!Pro also allows you to add the submitted information in these emails by simply using your form's specialized placeholders.

These placeholders can be found by going to backend > Components > RSForm!Pro > Manage Forms > your form > Properties > User/Admin Emails, here, in the top-right corner you should see the "Toggle Quick Add" button which will display a list of all your form particular placeholders that can be used.

Your radio element placeholder is similar to:

{myRadio:value}

In order for this to actually work, you will need to replace "myRadio" with your radio group exact name you have specified(view while editing your form in the backend). Afterwards you can use a similar to the following phrase in the generated email(you do not need to use the {if} statement):

"You have just {myRadio:value}d !"

The placeholder will return either subscribe or unsubscribe, I have added "d" so that the phrase is grammatically correct(subscribed/unsubscribed).

If you do need a totally different email message, you can try setting one for each of the values selected in the radio via the specialized PHP Email Scripting area:

www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/v...p-email-scripts.html

PS: The RSForm!Pro - RSMail! integration is explained here:

www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/v...sformpro-rsmail.html
This is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a support ticket here.

{if ...} use in User Email 10 years 4 months ago #25784

• damien7
  • Fresh Boarder
It looks like it is possible to use the following:

{if {name_of_field:value}} Display this text if the form_component field has a set value.{/if}

This is referenced from www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/v...t-php-knowledge.html, but it is not working for me.

{if ...} use in User Email 10 years 4 months ago #25802

• damien7
  • Fresh Boarder
Bump :)

{if ...} use in User Email 8 years 4 months ago #33259

• treddan
  • Fresh Boarder
It's been quite some time since this post was created, but I'm facing the same issue now. Interested to know if anyone knows how to do this.

{if ...} use in User Email 8 years 4 months ago #33266

• alexp
  • Thank you received: 180
Can you please be more precise on what syntax are you using exactly ? The "if" clause feature is working properly...
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

{if ...} use in User Email 8 years 4 months ago #33376

• krijthe
  • Fresh Boarder
How can i make an if statement for a specific radiogroup value;
Something like this;
{if {contact1:value}}U wordt door ons terug gebeld op {datum:value} om {Tijd:value}.{/if}
i have set-up the radiogroup like this:
contact1 | e-mail
contact2 | Telefoon
But in the thank you message i don't get result.
Thx

{if ...} use in User Email 8 years 4 months ago #33378

• alexp
  • Thank you received: 180
The "if" syntax is designed to be used for empty values only. It won't work with specific ones.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

{if ...} use in User Email 6 years 11 months ago #36961

• ttnae
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
My need is related:

I want my form to send an email when certain items are selected.
ie; One field is "How much oil was added? Options are

I want an email to go out only when the following are selected.

There are 4 fields like this within this form and each has its' own threshold.

What can I enter to receive emails when these are selected?

{if ...} use in User Email 6 years 10 months ago #36966

• adrianp
  • Thank you received: 146
Hello,

The {if} statement can be used to control the email body and not to trigger or not emails. You can however use a script on this, more precisely added via PHP Email Scripts section.

You can check the submitted value using $_POST and if this doesn't match your desired value(s), you can clear the TO field of the email configuration, thus preventing the email from being sent.
This is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a support ticket here.

{if ...} use in User Email 5 years 10 months ago #38276

• jami
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
For anyone stumbling on here now, you can now use conditions with the {if} statement.
See this page in the documentation
https://www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/rsform-pro/getting-started/component-emails.html

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!