Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Input type="number" & input type="range"

Input type="number" & input type="range" 11 years 2 months ago #20878

• terry71
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, I would like to know the input type for HTML 5 (number and range) is available in RS Form Pro,
Thank you,
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Input type="number" & input type="range" 9 years 5 months ago #28918

• a15995
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello!

I'm looking for the same features but as it seems now you cannot add fields of that type.

As far as I can tell these field types are available in RSDirectory so why they not implemented in RSForm is a mystery.

Hope to see an update soon!

/Søren

Input type="number" & input type="range" 9 years 5 months ago #28920

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
a15995 wrote:
Hello!

I'm looking for the same features but as it seems now you cannot add fields of that type.

As far as I can tell these field types are available in RSDirectory so why they not implemented in RSForm is a mystery.

Hope to see an update soon!

/Søren

The reason is quite simple - HTML5 elements are not yet adopted by all browsers. Further to this, what exactly should happen if a HTML5 element is displayed on an older browser ?

HTML5 isn't just yet a common playground for browsers.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Input type="number" & input type="range" 9 years 5 months ago #28958

• chris98
  • Fresh Boarder
Is there a workaround? Assign type="tel" and type="number" are pretty much essential for making a mobile friendly form. Ive added these both as attributes but the text style seems to be overruling the others.

Input type="number" & input type="range" 7 years 2 months ago #36325

• kmedri
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
The ability for us to choose html5 elements would be great any news on allowing us to add custom fields with html5?

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!