Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Limit the number of characters in a text field

Limit the number of characters in a text field 11 years 11 months ago #17670

• rfperon2
  • Fresh Boarder
I used the tutorial and it worked properly about number of characters.

However, at the count of characters I wanna ignore the spaces between words. And the Script counts it.

The tutorial link is: www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/v...in-a-text-field.html

Could anybody help me please?

(Sorry about the poor english)
A dentist having fun with Joomla. lol
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Limit the number of characters in a text field 11 years 10 months ago #17792

Hello,

I have searched Google for you.
It looks like it's possible but it will need Javascript coding and you need 2 fields and a counter display.
RSJoomla! www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/v...in-a-text-field.html
Other website: www.webdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197897

Maybe the tech support can help you and when you got your answer you can put it in this thread.
Regards
Wilco Alsemgeest

Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking www.rsjoomla.com/my-support-tickets.html
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!