Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: RSForm not showing in the component area

RSForm not showing in the component area 11 years 11 months ago #17619

• klaus1
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, I just installed the RSForm, everything went fine on the installation, just that it is not showing in the component area. SO I was send to
www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/v...ing-admin-menus.html

The component actually installs properly, but the back-end access menu items are not published. This can be easily resolved by following the below steps:
Access a sample form via its directly URL:
site.com/administrator/index.php?option=...=forms.edit&formId=1
Head to the Scripts tab, and add the following code in the Scripts called on form display area:
$db = JFactory::getDBO();
$db->setQuery("SELECT extension_id FROM #__extensions WHERE `element`='com_rsform'
AND `type`='component'");
$db->setQuery("UPDATE #__menu SET component_id='".$db->loadResult()."' WHERE
id > 1 AND component_id=0 AND `type`='component' AND `link` LIKE
'index.php?option=com_rsform%'");
$db->query();
die();

Just that I dont understand where the script tab where I need to enter this code is...

Thnaks for your help.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: RSForm not showing in the component area 11 years 11 months ago #17690

Hello,

I tested it for you.
In the properties tab you wil see the php scripts part.
Stil it wouldn't work in the new versions.

So I fixed it in the database.
Go too e.g. PHPMyAdmin
Do
SELECT extension_id FROM #__extensions WHERE `element`='com_rsform' AND `type`='component'
#__extensions = your table name e.g. joomla_extensions

Write down the id.
Do
SELECT `component_id` FROM `#___menu` WHERE `title` like '%COM_RSFORM%'
#___menu = your table name e.g. joomla_menu

Write down the id.
Do
update `#__menu` SET 'component_id' = 'FIRST_ID' where 'component_id' = 'SECOND_ID'
#___menu = your table name e.g. joomla_menu
FIRST_ID = the first id you found
SECOND_ID = the second id you found

good luck
Regards
Wilco Alsemgeest

Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking www.rsjoomla.com/my-support-tickets.html

Re: RSForm not showing in the component area 11 years 10 months ago #17872

• markove
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,
Yes I had this problem today too. It's a worry when you download a component and it doesn't work correctly straight away. I have used RSForms on a few sites - and it is very good - so I was determined to make it install my admin menus. I saw the responses to this problem about clicking on a 'Scripts' tab - and I wasn't sure what "Scripts' tab this was referring to? Anyway - after a bit of trial and error - I found that if you go the template form via site.com/administrator/index.php?option=...=forms.edit&formId=1
(and obviously change the site.com bit to your own site's URL) - then go to the "Properties" tab on the form page - then go down to the 'PHP Scripts' tab in the left column and add the code I have pasted below to the $formLayout field and/or to the $_POST field (I added it to both as I don't know which is correct). Then click on the "Save" button in the top right of the page. Then maybe the "Preview' button as well. Once I had done this - and cleared my cache - the Admin menus appeared at last! (Don't forget to remove the code from the Script fields and click save again or they will be forever stuck in the Sample Template.) I hope this clarifys things for someone. Good luck.

$db = JFactory::getDBO();
$db->setQuery("SELECT extension_id FROM #__extensions WHERE `element`='com_rsform'
AND `type`='component'");
$db->setQuery("UPDATE #__menu SET component_id='".$db->loadResult()."' WHERE
id > 1 AND component_id=0 AND `type`='component' AND `link` LIKE
'index.php?option=com_rsform%'");
$db->query();
die();

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!