Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Joomla Registration Plugin questions

Joomla Registration Plugin questions 11 years 11 months ago #17566

I'm having a little issue with the plugin working with SQLmapping. I end up getting two entries in my database, one with the plugin's information and the other with the fields that I mapped for the same user. Like one has the users name, password and email. While the other has the other fields that I created with RSFP

Is there a way for me to add the fields to the plugin so I can turn off mapping or is there a way to make the two work together and have one entry in my database?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Joomla Registration Plugin questions 11 years 11 months ago #17572

Also I'm trying to have all this insert into the #_users table. I'm doing this because I have a data table in my site that displays users names, city and an upload field for special users access only. Or would it be easier to just display this information from the #_rsform tables?
And if so how would I display it because there are several lines for each submission?

Re: Joomla Registration Plugin questions 11 years 11 months ago #17587

I was able to get the both to work together. The registration plugin will add the new user with the name, password and email. And the mapping will update the entry in the database with any extra fields you've created.

While having the plugin enabled go to Mappings.
Make sure that METHOD is set to UPDATE.
SET your fields that are custom fields
Under WHERE set either the name field or the email field equal to the corresponding field.

So far I only had to use one. I hope this helps anyone else trying to do the same thing and not wanting to figure out the script needed. Everything is already there.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!