Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Caption Column Width - Howto Adjust

Caption Column Width - Howto Adjust 11 years 11 months ago #17562

• vanherk
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello.
Sorry for question, but I searched forums and did not find answer.

I am using RSForm Pro for first time. I am creating an inline xhtml form.

How do I adjust the column width for the Captions of the Form Fields? I would like column for captions to be wider, so that I do not get line wrap.

I am creating a TextBox for 'Child First Name'. However, the Caption wraps to 2 lines. I want it to stay on 1 Line, as I have plenty of horizontal space.

Please advise, or point me to docs. Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Caption Column Width - Howto Adjust 11 years 11 months ago #17563

Hi,
I got this tip from support quite a while ago so it's probably time to put it here again:

You can add the style declaration you want either inline or between the <style type="text/css"> </style> tags. You can use the "width" attribute in order to set the width of your columns, for example you could try editing the <td> tag that contains the field caption:

<td width="your desired width here">{field_name:caption}</td>

These edits are done in the code found in the "Form Layout" tab. In order to be able to edit the code you will first need to disable the "Auto-generate layout" option. Make sure that your form is correct before you do these edits. If you have to "generate layout" again, the edits will be gone!
(I usually copy the edited code and save it in a text file so I have them to copy and paste -- just in case!)

Here is an example of edited code:
<tr>
<td style="width:400px">{Grade:caption}</td>
<td>{Grade:body}<div class="formClr"></div>{Grade:validation}</td>
<td>{Student Grade:description}</td>

<td style="width:200px">{Students:caption}</td>
<td>{Students:body}<div class="formClr"></div>{Students:validation}</td>
<td>{Students:description}</td>

<td style="width:200px">{Teachers:caption}</td>
<td>{Teachers:body}<div class="formClr"></div>{Teachers:validation}</td>
<td>{Teachers:description}</td>
</tr>

Good luck,
K
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: researchware

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!