Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Multiple select dropdown separate values in email

Multiple select dropdown separate values in email 12 years 2 weeks ago #17242

I have a form that has a multiple select dropdown box. When the results are emailed and stored in the db, the come in like this:
item one item two item three

Is there any way to separate those values with a comma or line break for readability? I saw a forum post for checkboxes that incorporated a break tag in the field value, but that didn't work - the break tag rendered as plain text in the select box.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Multiple select dropdown separate values in email 11 years 8 months ago #18918

Hello!

I have the same problem. Have you a solution?

Re: Multiple select dropdown separate values in email 11 years 8 months ago #18931

Not sure if this will be helpful or not. I was looking at the Properties>Form Info> Misc. and saw you can specify a separator for multiple selections. Maybe changing that from the default will help your issue.
Look for this about midway in the Misc. section:

Multiple Selections Separator \n
Form fields that have multiple selectable values (checkboxes, multiple dropdowns) can be shown to the submitter (either by email or in the Thank You Message) with a custom separator. The default separator is a new line.

K

Re: Multiple select dropdown separate values in email 11 years 8 months ago #18948

NEMGTR_webmanager wrote:
Multiple Selections Separator \n
Form fields that have multiple selectable values (checkboxes, multiple dropdowns) can be shown to the submitter (either by email or in the Thank You Message) with a custom separator. The default separator is a new line.

K

That is set to YES and the value is \n. But the values ​​are not in a new line on the mail.
Something else must be set?

Re: Multiple select dropdown separate values in email 11 years 8 months ago #18950

I'd put in a ticket to Support about it. There may be something that needs to be done that we don't know about. Please post the answer here when you get it so we can benefit from it.

Good luck,
K

Re: Multiple select dropdown separate values in email 11 years 8 months ago #18952

• adrianp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 146
Hello ,

Too separate those values , use <br /> as a line break.
This is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a support ticket here.

Re: Multiple select dropdown separate values in email 11 years 8 months ago #18966

adrianp wrote:
Hello ,

Too separate those values , use <br /> as a line break.

Yeah man, that was it :woohoo:

Thank you!!

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!