Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: How do you style the forms

How do you style the forms 12 years 3 weeks ago #17211

• etsoleil
  • Fresh Boarder
This extension has a lot of capabilities, but styling is not really easy. Furthermore, there seems to be no tutorial whatsoever concerning the styling with css: put some space between the caption and the text field, make the caption bold, etc. Is there anybody knowing how to do that or having any link concerning that topic. Thank you very much
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: How do you style the forms 12 years 2 weeks ago #17232

• matt
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
You can download a sample form from RSJoomla demo page and play around http://demo.rsjoomla.com/

Matt

Re: How do you style the forms 12 years 2 weeks ago #17269

Here are some of the styling examples that I've found on the forum and gotten from Support. I keep a file (Notepad or Word) on my desktop to add to when I find things on the forum that I may want to use in the future.
Hope these help.

Add Space between Radio Buttons/Check Box text
  First option
  Second Option
Add as many as you need to space out the items. You can put the codes behind the text to change the way the spacing is handled.

Change width of tab column in form: In Form Layout panel
td width="25%"
Do this after you have finished the form -- Generate layout removes these edits.

Date code: add to default value box
//<code>
$today = date("F j, Y");
return $today;
//</code>

To make Text bold (add this to the text as you enter the caption or Free text):
<b>Enter your text here</b>

To change Font color: (add to text -- change code to match your desired color)
<FONT COLOR="#be0000">

Putting in horizontal rule: Edit this in the Form Layout AFTER you have finished the form. Generate Layout deletes the edits. This is a Free Text component, with no caption.
<tr class="rsform-block rsform-block-hr">

<td colspan="3">{hr:body}<hr style="width:500px;"/><div class="formClr"></div>{hr:validation}</td>
<td>{hr:description}</td>
</tr>

These are suggestions... there are probably many other ways to get the form to look as you desire. Forum members with more programming experience can probably guide you to easier ways. Let's hope we get some more input from others to help make styling easier.
The following user(s) said Thank You: researchware

Re: How do you style the forms 11 years 11 months ago #17618

• info6356
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

i downloaded the sample file demo form found here: demo.rsjoomla.com/
Inside the file there is an install.xml

Where i put that and how can i make my form look like the demo??

Very confused with the form styling...

Re: How do you style the forms 11 years 11 months ago #17620

Make sure that you use "Restore" to get the form into your system once you've downloaded it.

Once it is restored, then you can click on the edit icon (the little pencil over paper) and see how the styling was accomplished.
Make sure to look at the default and attribute areas of the component you are interested in to see what was applied to that item.
K

Re: How do you style the forms 11 years 10 months ago #17876

Kathy Ahrendt wrote:
Make sure that you use "Restore" to get the form into your system once you've downloaded it.

Once it is restored, then you can click on the edit icon (the little pencil over paper) and see how the styling was accomplished.
Make sure to look at the default and attribute areas of the component you are interested in to see what was applied to that item.
K

Can someone please explain in step-by-step fashion where "Restore" is and how to use it? I downloaded the "custom_style_form_example.zip" file from the style demo page, and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to upload it to RSFormsPro in my Joomla Admin or what... I have extracted the text using MS Word so I can see the .html / .xml content, but I'm still a beginner on the coding end of things.

Re: How do you style the forms 11 years 10 months ago #17877

How to Restore a zip file in RSForms Pro
Login to admin of your site
Select Components and then select RSForms Pro>Backup/Restore
On the Backup/Restore screen select Restore tab
Using the file manager provided, select the .zip file you want to restore.
Click on Restore
DO NOT select overwrite!

K

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!