Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: User Registration Plugin -> custom fields

User Registration Plugin -> custom fields 12 years 1 day ago #17112

• longview
  • Fresh Boarder
I realize custom work isn't supported, but I'm hoping you can point me in the right direction.

I'd like to add a custom user profile variable to Joomla for a user's "Company". After I do this, where should I look in rsfpregistration.php to add the variable to the RSForm Joomla Registration Plugin interface so I can map a form field to the new company field? My Joomla version is 1.5.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: User Registration Plugin -> custom fields 11 years 11 months ago #17194

To add custom fields to the user profile, you can use the SQL Mappings plugin for RSForm!Pro. It allows you to map any and all form submission data to any database table within the Joomla! database. It's very simple to use. However, you won't be able to accomplish this in the rsfpregistration.php and still retain the ability to upgrade.

You could also create a custom plugin that hooks in to RSFP, and checks for the existence of a record in the user profile, and then updates/inserts that record into the user profiles field for the associated user.

I currently have a multi-page form with a custom plugin that hooks into the user account creation and pulls in all the data necessary.
Please Note: Our comments and reply's are not meant to be product support, only suggestions and code that have worked for us in the past. Anything we say may not work in upcoming version of RSForm!Pro.

Re: User Registration Plugin -> custom fields 11 years 2 months ago #21415

• asba
  • Fresh Boarder
can you share your multi-page form with the custom plugin that hooks to the user account? I'm looking for the same thing but i dont know how to do it. thanks

Re: User Registration Plugin -> custom fields 6 years 8 months ago #37256

• DiGwork
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks for you solution I would just like to clear up what you mean by "upgrade"chas.pettrone wrote:
...... However, you won't be able to accomplish this in the rsfpregistration.php and still retain the ability to upgrade...

When you state upgrade are you referring to going from free to paid version or do you mean update the rsform pro to a latest release?

and please :) I would be most interested in your plugin too as I wish to add an address field, mobile number and a region field.

Please do let us know if you have your form and the plugin somewhere for download as I wouldn't know where to start to create a plugin??

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!