Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: user registration - password & confirm

user registration - password & confirm 12 years 1 month ago #17087

Hiya,
Does anyone know if you HAVE to have 2 input boxes for user password when you use the Joomla user registration plugin, one for Password and one for Verify Password?

I cannot get the form to register a user if Password & Verify Password use the same input from the form in the plugin. Is there any way around this?

Ideally I'd like to create a random pw in a hidden field so the user is not bothered by it and use that in Password & Verify Password in the Merge Vars.

Thanks for any help

Last Edit: 12 years 1 month ago by saraheagle. Reason: forgot to inc img
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: user registration - password & confirm 12 years 1 month ago #17111

• longview
  • Fresh Boarder
I submitted a ticket on this issue and the short of it; it's not possible. Here's what I said:

I figured out the issue. The plugin will not let you map the same field for both Password and Verify Password (returns a "password does not match" error). Can you please update the plugin to allow this? I'm trying to shorten the form as much as possible and want only a single password field (no verify password field).

Here's their response:

Hello,

Unfortunately no. This is rather standard functionality, required to assure a valid password input.

With this is a must (though not recommended), you can add the verification password as a hidden field, and add the following in the Scripts called on form process area:

$_POST = $_POST;

Regards!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!