Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Creating a Random Email for user registration

Creating a Random Email for user registration 12 years 1 month ago #16860

Hello,

Hello all,

Since Joomla 1.7.x requires an email address for user registration. I would like to be able to insert a random email address into a hidden form field to use with the RsForm Pro registration plugin ( This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ). I have a small amount of users that don't have an email address. I am aware of the downside of not using a real email address.

I've tired using php in the default value field, but it seems to be passed as plain text only. Any work around would be great.
$ranEmail = rand(1, 9999) . "@mydomain.com";

echo $ranEmail;

Thanks,
LK
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Creating a Random Email for user registration 12 years 1 month ago #16878

• royce
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Did you place it withing the code tags? e.g.:

//<code>
//</code>

Re: Creating a Random Email for user registration 12 years 1 month ago #16899

Nope didn't know I could do that?

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!