Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Modifying destination location for file uploads

Modifying destination location for file uploads 12 years 1 month ago #16797

Hi,

I'm trying to create a way to upload files to our backend file system, but would like to change the location of the destination depending on attributes of the user.

For Example:

Bob has a user attribute that shows he is male.
Susan has a user attribute that shows she is female.

I am writing a form that does basic file uploading to a specific backend directory, /home/site/uploads/males or /home/site/uploads/females depending on who is doing the uploading.

If Bob is logged in, files that he uploads will go automatically to the /home/site/uploads/males directory. using the same form, Susan can upload a file that will go automatically to the /home/site/uploads/females directory.

I would like to write a script that pulls that user attribute, checks whether they are male or female then places a file submission in the correct backend.

Anybody have any thoughts or advice?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!