Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Entire form validation....

Entire form validation.... 12 years 2 months ago #16422

• TheEdge2
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

- J 1.7.3

I understand how to create custom validation rules. However I also need to validate the entire form based on entries from more than one field eg.

Field1: Some Value
Field2: Some Value

Field2 is only valid if the data retrieved from a database using the value in Field1 matches. So for instance
if Field2.Value = SELECT MyField FROM tblSomeTable WHERE SomeOtherField = Field1.Value then
   //Form is valid
else
  //For, is not valud

Can anyone point me in the direction of where I can write some PHP code to validate the form as a whole?

All help and pointers greatly appreciated.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!